The neo-gothic neolog prayer room continues to operate according to its original function, under the auspices of the Buda Jewish Community. Regular Talmud-Tora classes, the Mitzvah Club and the Hillel Jewish Educational and Youth Center are also operated from here. The building was designed by Sándor Fellner to accommodate 400 people by redesigning the inner court-yardon Frankel Leó street, previously known as Zsigmond street. Its foundation stones have been laid down in 1887 and the building was consecrated on August 8, 1888. At the same time they had to part with the more than 100 year-old synagogue which was not needed any more at this place. The synagogue was originally built into an open space, with an entrance from Zsigmond Street and a facade facing the Danube and the Árpád Fejedelem road. The six-story apartment block was built around it in 1928.